About the Conference
GENIALG is a Horizon 2020 funded, four-year Blue Growth project. GENIALG’s overall objective is to boost the European Blue Economy by designing high-yielding seaweed cultivation systems. GENIALG aims to increase the production and sustainable exploitation of two high biomass yielding species of European seaweed: the brown alga Saccharina latissima (sugar kelp) and the green alga Ulva spp. (sea lettuce). GENIALG will transfer its major outcomes to science, industry, policy and society.
What to Expect
An international, one-day, open-door, final conference organised by the GENIALG project. GENIALG will be pleased to present the latest research results around many different aspects of direct relevance to the seaweed sector in Europe. Focus will be on the latest innovative seaweed results and their application to seaweed cultivation and biorefinery.
- Scientific Talks
- Round Table Discussions
- Showcase of Seaweed-Based Products
- Seaweed Cookery Demonstration
Who should attend?
All seaweed stakeholders are invited to join us to hear everything you need to know about:
- Diversifying and expanding the exploitation of seaweed into high value compounds for human and animal food, plant care, biomaterials, cosmetics and green chemistry
- High-yielding seaweed cultivation systems
- Production and sustainable exploitation of brown alga Saccharina latissima (sugar kelp) and green alga Ulva spp. (sea lettuce)
- Economic feasibility and environmental sustainability of cultivating and refining seaweed biomass
- Impact of seaweed exploitation on the environment, economy and society
Download the Conference Flyer
Please DOWNLOAD HERE and share with anyone who has an interest in seaweed research!