GENIALG Final Conference
GENIALG is a Horizon 2020 funded, four and a half year Blue Growth project. GENIALG’s overall objective is to boost the European Blue Economy by designing high-yielding seaweed cultivation systems. GENIALG aims to increase the production and sustainable exploitation of two high biomass yielding species of European seaweed: the brown alga Saccharina latissima (sugar kelp) and the green alga Ulva spp. (sea lettuce). GENIALG will transfer its major outcomes to science, industry, policy and society.
Seaweed for the Future: Scaling-up the European Sector
An international, one-day, open-door, final conference organised by the GENIALG project. GENIALG presented the latest research results around many different aspects of direct relevance to the seaweed sector in Europe. Focus was on the latest innovative seaweed results and their application to seaweed cultivation and biorefinery.
- Scientific Talks
- Round Table Discussions
- Showcase of European Seaweed Companies and Their Products
- Seaweed Cookery Demonstration
All seaweed stakeholders were invited to join us to hear everything they needed to know about:
- Diversifying and expanding the exploitation of seaweed into high value compounds for human and animal food, plant care, biomaterials, cosmetics and green chemistry
- High-yielding seaweed cultivation systems
- Production and sustainable exploitation of brown alga Saccharina latissima (sugar kelp) and green alga Ulva spp. (sea lettuce)
- Economic feasibility and environmental sustainability of cultivating and refining seaweed biomass
- Impact of seaweed exploitation on the environment, economy and society
The conference had over 450 attendees from 57 countries!
Download the Conference Flyer
Please DOWNLOAD HERE and share with anyone who has an interest in seaweed research!